Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Counseling of Seattle
We are Gay and Lesbian Counseling of Seattle: an intentional and diverse community of lesbian, transgendered and gay counselors. Our goal is to contribute resources back into our community that are flexible enough to meet the broad spectrum of LGBTQ needs. Based on our own personal and professional experience, our mission is to join with LGBTQ individuals in their process around identity, transition, relationship, work and community involvement as well as the myriad forms of sexuality, intimacy, spirituality, addictions, grief and loss. We are here to help - not to judge. Not only is judging unhelpful, as fellow human beings who have been through a lot of what you are going through, we are simply not in a place to do that.
They say that "Good Judgment Comes From Bad Experiences". On that basis alone, we should be Living Buddha's, but we're not. What our own personal histories have given us is a passion to help other folks with the GLBT flavor to the following issues:
- Being a GLBT Parent In a Relationship or as a Single Parent.
- Boundaries, Communication and Conflict Skills
- Coming-Out/Customizing My Sexuality
- Coming Out Early in Life Versus Coming Out Later in Life.
- Coming Out from a Heterosexual Identity and/or Relationship
- Coming Out from an Institutional Setting such as the Military, Prison or Structured Religious Setting
- Existential and Spirituality Issues
- GLBT Focus Groups
- GLBT Blended Families
- Having a Career and Having a Life
- Love Versus Lust/Infatuation Versus Investment
- Normal/Symptomatic/Addictive-Compulsive Behaviors and Substances
- Panic Attacks
- Socialization, Community Building and Dating Skills
Insurance Reimbursement, Some Discounted Fee for Service Plans Available.
Day, Evening and Weekend Appointments.